ULLR Maps. (“ULLR”) is committed to maintaining the security and privacy of your personal information. This Policy documents our on-going commitment to you and has been developed in compliance with privacy law in Canada as well as the GDPR in the European Union.
This Policy addresses personal information about individuals and does not apply to information about corporate or commercial entities who are our suppliers or customers. Commercial information may be subject to protection under other policies and practices and through contractual arrangements, including confidentiality agreements. This Policy does not impose any limits on the collection, use or disclosure of the following information by ULLR Maps:
- your business contact information; or
- publicly available information recognized under the British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act.
ULLR Maps is accountable and responsible for personal information under its control. ULLR Maps has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for ULLR Maps’ compliance with this Policy. ULLR Maps will adopt procedures to protect personal information, receive and respond to complaints and inquiries, train staff regarding privacy policies and procedures and communicate policies and procedures to you.
- The information you voluntarily give us. Specific ULLR services (find my friends) require users to create accounts, including providing an email address. Our mobile application requires specific personal information in order to function optimally. This includes personal photographs/images user for profile images, email addresses, your name/alias as well as your location information when using our “find your friends” feature. Users can opt to create accounts by connecting to their personal social media accounts, in which case they will need to enter their username and password if not already logged in. This data is authenticated directly by Facebook and not stored on ULLR servers. Account email addresses and usernames are kept in a secure Google operated backend database.
- Information that is automatically collected. Some information is automatically collected by ULLR, or by third parties on our behalf when using our application and website.
- Access Logs. For security reasons, Ullrmaps.com keeps detailed access logs of users that visit our website. These files are only used in the event of troubleshooting or security and law enforcement investigations. The information specifically collected is the access time and date, the connecting IP address (of your machine or network), the Ullrmaps.com pages accessed as well as your computer’s operating system and browser software.
- Website cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that are sent to a user’s computer from Ullrmaps.com during browsing. Cookies are a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information, such as your authentication status. These cookies can be disabled in the settings menus in your browser of choice.
- Google Analytics. Ullrmaps.com uses Google Analytics to analyze the following:
- Traffic sources, geographical locations, including country, states, provinces, and languages.
- Demographics, including age and gender.
- Browsing behavior, including new vs returning users, the frequency of visits and engagements.
- Technology, including browser, operating system and network information (ISPs and IP addresses).
Mobile and tablet usage, including device type and model.
- Other Information Collection and Handling
- Location information. The “find your friends” feature of our mobile application is based on the sharing of location information. This information is processed through and managed entirely by Google’s cloud-based Firebase infrastructure. We value your privacy and the user can enable/disable the tracking of specific users, or disable friend tracking entirely in the settings menu of the ULLR App.
- GPS Tracking. GPS tracking uses GPS data sent to GPS satellites and back to your phone. This information is stored locally and is not controlled or maintained in any fashion by ULLR Maps.
ULLR Maps collects your personal information through our website and mobile application for the following purposes:
- to provide and administer products and services requested and to use and disclose the information for any purpose related to the provision of requested products and services;
- to determine your location and enable you to utilize the functionality of our products;
- To ensure excellent customer service and user experience;
- to authenticate your identity and;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including police investigations;
This information can range from simple website cookies to more complex stuff like location information transmitted through back-end servers. The purposes listed above are a reasonably necessary part of your relationship with ULLR Maps. When your personal information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose will be disclosed to you prior to such use, and your consent will be sought unless the use is authorized or required by law.
ULLR Maps will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where ULLR Maps is authorized or required by law to do so without consent.
Your consent may be express or implied, or given through your authorized representative. As per the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), implied consent allows the contact of users by email once that person has engaged in a business transaction (purchased a map), or the recipient’s email address was conspicuously sent to ULLR (via account authentication). As per CASL, implied consent to send ULLR related email lasts a maximum of 2 years from your last business transaction or account creation.
Regarding email contact, users can opt out from the receipt of emails from ULLR at their discretion by clicking unsubscribe.
Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify ULLR Maps that you do not wish your personal information collected/used/disclosed for optional purposes following reasonable notice to you) or otherwise. For example, oral consent could be expressed over the telephone at the time information is being collected; electronically when submitting an agreement, signing into an account using email (or through Facebook), application or other information; or in writing when signing an agreement or application form.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, provided reasonable written notice of withdrawal of consent is given by you to ULLR Maps. Upon receipt of your written notice, ULLR Maps will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal, which may include the inability of ULLR Maps to provide certain products or services for which the delivery of that information is a prerequisite.
You hereby consent to ULLR Maps disclosing your personal information to a third party provider under contract with ULLR Maps for the purposes of payment processing and storage. In such circumstances, the third party shall hold and use your personal information in compliance with privacy laws and shall not disclose your personal information without the consent of ULLR Maps pursuant to this Policy.
ULLR Maps will not collect personal information indiscriminately and will limit its collection of your personal information to what is reasonably necessary to provide a product or service and which is reasonably necessary for the purposes consented to by you. ULLR Maps may also collect information as authorized by law.
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes set out above and as authorized by law.
ULLR Maps will keep personal information used for at least one year after using it.
ULLR Maps will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
ULLR Maps will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to such information.
ULLR Maps will destroy all information, and delete all account information upon request by an account owner.
ULLR Maps will make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information it is using or disclosing is accurate and complete. ULLR Maps will rely on you to ensure that certain information, such as your e-mail address, is current, complete and accurate.
If you notify ULLR Maps of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, ULLR Maps will amend the information as required. If appropriate, ULLR Maps will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, ULLR Maps will annotate the personal information under its control with a note that a correction was requested but not made.
ULLR Maps protects the personal information in its custody or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
You should be aware that confidentiality and security are not assured when information is transmitted through e-mail or wireless communication. ULLR Maps will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered as a result of a breach of security or confidentiality when information is transmitted by e-mail or wireless communication.
You have a right to access your personal information held by ULLR Maps.
Upon written request and authentication of identity, ULLR Maps will provide you with personal information under its control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom such information has been disclosed.
ULLR Maps will make personal information as soon as possible, or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
To keep pace with economic and technological changes, ULLR Maps may revise this Policy from time to time. The revised Policy will be posted on our website and will come into effect immediately.
- Privacy Officer: Alex Hordal
- Address: 201-4230 Gateway Drive, Whistler BC, V0N1B4, Canada
- Telphone: (604) 907-2851
- E-Mail: email@example.com
In this Policy:
- The terms “ULLR Maps” or “our” refer to Ullr Maps Ltd.;
- “collection” means the act of gathering, acquiring, or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means;
- “consent” means voluntary agreement to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for specified purposes;
- “disclosure” means making personal information available to a third party;
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual but does not include his or her business contact information. Personal information does not include (a) information concerning corporate or commercial entities or (b) publicly available information. It also does not include information that cannot be associated with a specific individual;
- “Privacy Officer” means an individual designated by ULLR Maps who is accountable for compliance with this Policy by ULLR Maps and whose contact particulars are set forth in this Policy;
- “third party” means an individual or organization other than ULLR Maps and you;
- “use” means the treatment and handling of personal information by and within ULLR Maps.