The 2017 Version 1.0 Spearhead Traverse and Whistler Backcountry Map.
*Please note, this map is not yet released. Expected late January 2018 release.
- Landscape orientation.
- Unique ski map orientation, designed in the direction of travel to help aid location and feature finding.
- Geo-referenced file using NAD83 / UTM Zone 10N allows you to pinpoint your location.
- Extremely high resolution base imagery, based on 20cm/pixel orthophotos.
- Classic peaks along with other high points and their elevations.
- Standard winter Spearhead traverse route marked in red with segment distances, as well as various other routes including poor weather and access routes to peaks or other geographical features.
- Backcountry runs marked in black and with general route directions.
- Spearhead traverse elevation profile with distances and approximate glacier locations.
- Glaciers and their extents, updated from 2014 information.
- Mobile GPS positioning allows outdoor location pinpointing within 10 meters (based on the effectiveness of the GPS system in use).
- Detailed 20m contour lines extracted from digital elevation models (DEMs).
- Completely self-contained and requires no mobile network data connection on phones with dedicated GPS.
- Updated magnetic declination for 2017 (NOAA).
- This map is sold separately.